This position is responsible for:
• Day to day operations of Fletcher’s kitchen
• Scheduling & Payroll
• Menu development, Food tastings, and specials
• Monthly food and beverage inventory
• Training of the staff
• Manage associate labor and food cost
• Must be ServSafe certified – Responsible accommodations will be made to enable individual(s) to obtain certificate required (next available class offered after time of employment).
• Culinary arts degree preferred, but not required
• At least five years of restaurant work with a minimum one year restaurant management.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to be a team player with positive energy and a professional demeanor.
• Clear concise verbal and written communication.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
Benefits include: Medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, company sponsored 401K with guaranteed employer match.
Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check to be eligible for employment.
This position ensures guest satisfaction through prompt and efficient service in a courteous and professional manner. Responsible for greeting, assisting, and providing guests with information. Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
• Answers inquiries, offers suggestions, and provides descriptive literature pertaining to the Hotel, trips, excursions, sports events, concerts, and plays
• Maintains current listing of hours of Hotel facilities as well as local attractions and events
• Responds to requests for information for future guests
• Provides information about dining at the Hotel as well as off property dining and secures reservations
• Secures reservations for guests’ excursions, sports events, concerts, and plays
• Constantly updates Concierge information books
• Obtains complete and accurate information when handling all guest requests
High School diploma or equivalent
At least 2 years experience in a Hotel with a guest service background. Must have the ability to deal with stress and the general public and have a working Knowledgeable of the area and local events within the area. Must be bondable and have the ability to handle money.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Position requires strong problem solving and reasoning skills. He/she must have a personal and polite attitude along with a professional appearance. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are fundamental requirements of the position.
This is a full time position. Nights and weekend availability are a must. Please email a resume and include a cover letter explaining a little but about yourself and why you love to cook. Your resume and cover letter can be within the body of the email or as a word attachment. Culinary students are encouraged to apply but will consider hands on experience. An Alaska Food Handler Card is mandatory. Thank you for your interest in working with us.
Food & beverage cost control and reporting including monitoring food & beverage cost
percentages to ensure immediate attention to purchasing and/or inventory issues
Ensuring accurate tracking and reporting associated with the movement of food and beverage
inventory to all hotel outlets
Managing, performing, and facilitating the month end close for food and beverage costs including
inventory counts, reconciliation and journal entry posting
Monitoring/evaluating the internal controls over inventory handling and menu costing and
providing recommendations for improvement
Coordinating closely with the purchasing team and chefs to ensure accurate recipe costing and
Updating and maintaining the menu function of the point-of-sale system
Performing analysis projects at the direction of the CFO and/or CEO.
Coordination of the overall monthly financial statement closing process
Assistance with the annual external audit
Assistance with the development of the annual budget
Developing knowledge of other areas of the Accounting Department to serve as backup during
Supervision of clerical staff
Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
Three to five years of experience in the accounting field and an understanding of inventory and
cost of sales accounting
Advanced analytical skills with a keen attention to detail and accuracy
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong and confident personality coupled with the ability to build rapport with purchasing and
culinary management/staff in order to develop and maintain strong working relationships
Advanced computer system skills including Microsoft Excel
Food and beverage industry experience, including menu development and recipe costing
Understanding of Alaska alcoholic beverage laws preferred
Benefits include: Health insurance, paid vacation, company sponsored 401K with a guaranteed employer
This position is responsible for the initial greeting of guests as they enter the Hotel from 4th Avenue.
• Maintain required post at all times
• Initially greet guests following Preferred standards
• Coordinate with Bell staff for guest assistance and requests
• Maintain cleanliness of and control traffic in circular driveway
• Coordinate taxi cabs, shuttles, valet parking and other transportation requests
• Assist guests with event locations and directions
• Must possess valid Alaska drivers license
• Other duties as assigned by Bell Captain, Concierge or Front Desk Manager
Visit the human resources department located in the Hotel Captain Cook. Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Note: Resumes will not be accepted without a Hotel Captain Cook application. No phone calls or emails please.