At least 2 years experience in a Hotel with a guest service background. Must have the ability to deal with stress and the general public and have a working Knowledgeable of the area and local events within the area.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Position requires strong problem solving and reasoning skills. He/she must have a personal and polite attitude along with a professional appearance. Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are fundamental requirements of the position. Must be able to work weekends.
• Ensures the accurate preparation of all paperwork associate the movement of food and beverage inventory to all outlets
• Manages, performs, and facilities the month end close for food and beverage costs. Including inventory counts, reconciliation, and journal entry posting
• Monitors and evaluates the internal controls over inventory handling and menu costing
• Liaises with the purchasing team and chefs to ensure accurate costing and menu development
• Updates and maintains the function of the point-of-sale system
• Takes a proactive approach to monitor costs
• Reconciles customer balances for the prepaid wine machine
• Prepares accurate and timely food and beverage and labor reports for management
The ideal candidate will need to have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
• One to three years of experience in the accounting field and an understanding of inventory and cost of sales accounting.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required
• Clear concise verbal and written communication
• Strong and confident personality coupled with the ability to work as part of team
• High level of organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
• Must be comfortable around computers
• Supervising experience a plus/preferred
• Food and beverage industry experience a plus/preferred
• Understanding of Alaska alcoholic beverage laws a plus
• Knowledge of the Squirrel Point of Sale system a plus
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Vacation & Sick Leave Pay, 401K with Company match.
• Maintain required post at all times
• Initially greet guests following Preferred standards
• Coordinate with Bell staff for guest assistance and requests
• Maintain cleanliness of and control traffic in circular driveway
• Coordinate taxi cabs, shuttles, valet parking and other transportation requests
• Assist guests with event locations and directions
• Must possess valid Alaska drivers license
• Other duties as assigned by Bell Captain, Concierge or Front Desk Manager
Visit the human resources department located in the Hotel Captain Cook. Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Note: Resumes will not be accepted without a Hotel Captain Cook application. No phone calls or emails please.