This position is responsible for:
• Day to day operations of Fletcher’s kitchen
• Scheduling & Payroll
• Menu development, Food tastings, and specials
• Monthly food and beverage inventory
• Training of the staff
• Manage associate labor and food cost
• Must be ServSafe certified – Responsible accommodations will be made to enable individual(s) to obtain certificate required (next available class offered after time of employment).
• Culinary arts degree preferred, but not required
• At least five years of restaurant work with a minimum one year restaurant management.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to be a team player with positive energy and a professional demeanor.
• Clear concise verbal and written communication.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
Benefits include: Medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, company sponsored 401K with guaranteed employer match.
Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check to be eligible for employment.
Food & beverage cost control and reporting including monitoring food & beverage cost
percentages to ensure immediate attention to purchasing and/or inventory issues
Ensuring accurate tracking and reporting associated with the movement of food and beverage
inventory to all hotel outlets
Managing, performing, and facilitating the month end close for food and beverage costs including
inventory counts, reconciliation and journal entry posting
Monitoring/evaluating the internal controls over inventory handling and menu costing and
providing recommendations for improvement
Coordinating closely with the purchasing team and chefs to ensure accurate recipe costing and
Updating and maintaining the menu function of the point-of-sale system
Performing analysis projects at the direction of the CFO and/or CEO.
Coordination of the overall monthly financial statement closing process
Assistance with the annual external audit
Assistance with the development of the annual budget
Developing knowledge of other areas of the Accounting Department to serve as backup during
Supervision of clerical staff
Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
Three to five years of experience in the accounting field and an understanding of inventory and
cost of sales accounting
Advanced analytical skills with a keen attention to detail and accuracy
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong and confident personality coupled with the ability to build rapport with purchasing and
culinary management/staff in order to develop and maintain strong working relationships
Advanced computer system skills including Microsoft Excel
Food and beverage industry experience, including menu development and recipe costing
Understanding of Alaska alcoholic beverage laws preferred
Benefits include: Health insurance, paid vacation, company sponsored 401K with a guaranteed employer
$16.00 to Start. Full and Part time shifts available.
Union Benefits after 6 months, pay raise to $17.12, Medical, Dental insurance and 401K available.
Visit the human resources department located in the Hotel Captain Cook. Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Note: Resumes will not be accepted without a Hotel Captain Cook application. No phone calls or emails please.