This position is responsible for:
- Preparation and processing of biweekly payroll.
- Review of approved timesheet information for accuracy.
- Ensuring that all requirements of the hotel’s collective bargaining agreement are properly applied.
- All payroll-related tax compliance including periodic reporting and remittance to various jurisdictions (federal and state).
- Administration of the timekeeping system (Sage Time Track).
- Timely, accurate preparation and distribution of annual W-2 and ACA reporting forms.
- Assisting with benefits administration (in coordination with the Human Resources Department).
- All payroll-related reporting.
- Responding to payroll and benefits inquiries and enforcing Hickel Investment Company/Hotel Captain Cook policies.
- Completion of all non-routine processing (including garnishments, error corrections, retroactive pay adjustments, tip allocations etc.).
- Accuracy of employee payroll master file data (in coordination with the Human Resources Department).
- Preparation of all payroll and benefit related vendor remittances resulting from employee deductions and employer sponsored benefit programs.
- Preparing payroll positive pay file for bank upload.
- Preparing payroll-related accounting transactions and documents.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will need to have:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration (Accounting preferred).
- Five or more years of experience in the payroll field.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation (preferred).
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal laws and regulations related to the payroll process.
- Experience with the Sage Payroll system (preferred).
- Experience with the collective bargaining agreements (preferred).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (especially Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
- Ability to be a team player with positive energy and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Clear concise verbal and written communication.
Benefits include: Medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, company sponsored 401K with guaranteed employer contribution.
Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check (including credit) to be eligible for employment.
This position is responsible to service guest rooms while maintaining the Hotels Preferred Standards. This individual is required to acknowledge all patrons appropriately and assist with information and/or special requests.
This is a full-time Union Position. Salary DOE
Visit the human resources department located in the Hotel Captain Cook. Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Note: Resumes will not be accepted without a Hotel Captain Cook application. No phone calls or emails please.