Assists Bell Captain in supervising Bell staff. Assists guests with luggage and transportation needs. Monitors bell storage. Monitors and assists with parking and picking up guest vehicles.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Escort incoming hotel guests to rooms and assist with luggage. Be visible and available in the lobby to assist guests when required. Ensure guest name usage whenever possible. Maintain eye contact with guest.
2. Ensure that luggage is safe and not left unattended. Ensure that luggage is placed in the carts properly, and handled with care. Deliver luggage to guests’ rooms within a timely manner upon guests’ arrival. When rooming a guest, luggage should be placed on luggage rack. After rooming, should offer further assistance.
3. Provide information pertaining to points of interest.
4. Arrive at the guest room to collect luggage within a timely manner of the guest’s call when the guest is departing.
5. Answer the telephone within four rings with a clear and audible tone.
6. Assist in keeping the work area neat and clean.
7. Explain features of room, such as operation of WiFi , television, room safe and thermostat control. Consistently demonstrate personal guest service excellence. Maintain a high level of professionalism in all aspects of job performance.
8. Inform Bell Captain of ideas and suggestions in order to improve service. Shares relevant information with colleagues, either verbally or by means of e-mail.
9. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments.
– Must be at least 21 years of age.
– Must have a Valid Driver License w/ clean MVR (driving record)
Skills & Knowledge
Candidate must be able to read, write, and have good communication skills.
Candidate will be in charge of the schedule and payroll at times. Candidate must be reliable, mature and able to work with minimal supervision. This job requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval and some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility. Should be willing to accept responsibility for his/her actions.
– Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
– Specific Shift: Any day of the week, flexible schedule between 6:00 am-12:00 am.
– Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary.
– May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions.
– Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
– Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
– Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
– Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
– Other/Additional: May experience some stress due to periodic guest relations, also during high-occupancy periods.
• Assisting with daily and monthly account reconciliations
• Processing travel agency commissions
• Preparing bank positive pay file for bank upload
• Assisting with monthly food and beverage inventory
• Filing paper and electronic documents
• Completing periodic banquet bar reconciliation
• Completing seasonal tour billings and reconciliations
• Billing banquet invoices and follow-up
• Billing airline invoices and follow-up
• Invoice data entry
• Cross training with others to fill positions as necessary
• Assisting the accounting managers as necessary.
The ideal candidate will need to have:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• One to two years of experience in the accounting field.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
• Accurate data entry.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
• Ability to be a team player with positive energy and a professional demeanor.
• Clear concise verbal and written communication.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
Benefits include: Medical, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation, company sponsored 401K with guaranteed employer match.
Must pass pre-employment drug screening and background check (including credit) to be eligible for employment. Salary DOE
Visit the human resources department located in the Hotel Captain Cook. Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Note: Resumes will not be accepted without a Hotel Captain Cook application. No phone calls or emails please.